We are delighted to announce the IrishLight Photographer of the Year is BACK. The search is on to find the best landscape and seascape images of Ireland. The competition is open to all amateur/hobbyist photographers worldwide. All images must be captured on the island of Ireland.
It’s a great chance to have your work publicised throughout the festival, and of course, come away with some amazing prizes.
1st Prize – Nikon d850 (value: €3800 )
2nd Prize – Gitzo Tripod GT3533S (value €800)
3rd Prize – €500 Voucher ExploreLight
10 Honourable Mentions – Big Day Ticket (Value €80) and a a4 print by 360 DPI
CLOSING DATE MONDAY OCTOBER 1ST
Entry costs €5 for 1 image, €10 for 3, €15 for 5, €25 for 10.
Winners Announced: 7th October 2018 @ the Big Day event at The Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire.
Entries can be sent via the upload symbol in the cart or else emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org after the entry is purchased.
We are waiting to be amazed & inspired.
SIZING OF FILES:
Please send your files as jpg, in Adobe RGB, 1800px on the longest side. Please read the rules below before entering.
– Participants can enter as many images as they like in accordance with the entry cost.
Images may not be changed or substituted once submitted
– Please include your name and location where the image was taken in the file name, eg. John Smith Howth Head.jpg
– The competition is open to amateurs/hobbyists only. IrishLight reserves the right to admit or disqualify entrants on this point, and may not accept entries if we feel an individual is not acting in accordance with this stipulation, and within the spirit of the competition. IrishLight’s decision is final on all matters relating to the competition and on this point. Contact us before the competition end date if you are unsure if you qualify as an amateur/hobbyist but all decisions on this matter are final, and at the discretion of IrishLight. Check out our blog on this here ..
– Images entered must NOT be more than 3 years old dating from the time of entry.
– The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organisers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduction of their images. Entries that do not fulfill these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
– IrishLight does not make any claim whatsoever on the copyright of YOUR images. The copyright will, at all times, be respected by IrishLight and retained by the photographer. Where an image or images are reproduced by IrishLight, the photographer will be credited. The organisers and sponsors reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition of entered images in all media, but only in connection with these awards. We do not claim unlimited license for IrishLight or its sponsors to reproduce your images outside of the terms set out above. Where image reproduction is unrelated to the awards then permission and a fee will be agreed with the photographer in advance.
– All judges will be appointed by the organisers. The winners will be determined by the judges and the organisers in accordance with the competition rules. Their decision is final on all matters relating to the competition.
– The organisers reserve the right to change the prizes to a comparable alternative due to unforeseen circumstances. Prizes are not transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered. The prizes are the responsibility of the competition sponsors and IrishLight cannot be held liable for the failure of the competition sponsors to provide a prize in the event of their liquidation, bankruptcy, insolvency or change of ownership.
– All prize winners will agree to take part in publicity about the awards after the results are announced.
– All decisions pertaining to this competition are at the discretion of the organisers.
– By entering the competition you are agreeing to these rules.
HOW TO ENTER:
– Hit Enter Competition and choose the number of images you want to enter
– Add to Cart
– Upload your images via Cart (See Below)
– Checkout via the Cart Symbol at the top right of your screen.
– Upload your images here.
– Proceed to Checkout, Pay and you’re done.
– If you don’t upload your entry via the cart you may also email to email@example.com
Entries by email will only be accepted if a corresponding purchase of entry fee has been purchased via the enter button above.